Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dates and the Descending Days at Layyah !!!

Layyah has always been inspiring for me in many respects whether it comes to beauty of land and barren dooms of sand, the purity of feelings of the people living there, the education setup and above all my friends like Tipu Sheikh, Hassan Sheikh and many more. Tipu is such a marvellous artist beyound imagination. Just have a look at his work here.There are few things worth sharing about Layyah including the beauty of greater Thal desert, the natural beauty of agricultural land and above all nature pouring the silence, satisfaction and much more in the hearts of such lovely people living there.


The evenings have always been inspiring for me. It is the time when sad silence starts falling on the senstive creatures of Allah. Feelings levels are multiplied and much more happens. This can be felt in a better way when one is standing lonely on the barren groungs under the tall date trees.




Dates is one of the most popular fruit in the southern Punjab especially in Dera Ghazi Khan, Muzaffar Garh, Rang Pur, Layyah and mostly the regions which fall near the river Sindh and Chenab. Due to the saltish nature of soil, dates flourish in a better way. After Sindh, these are the areas where dates trees are there and dates are cultivated at business level. This is one of the most delicious fruits in the world. Look at the pictures and feel the silence and beauty of that area and dates trees. 

9 comments:

Asghar Javed said...

You know you have an edge - a very incisive observation. You can weave rural culture into urban very well. Happy blogging.

Asghar Javed said...

BTW, my writer friend Abbas Khan lives in Gujja near Layya. I am going to go there some time.

M Behzad Jhatial said...

Thanks Sir. I,l try it next time Insha Allah...

Unknown said...

Sir, do let me know when you go there. I might be there... And you know there is much more to be explored about Layyah. I have started it and will be sharing it as the time passes.... Regards....

Muhammad Hassan said...

M Behzad,
dear u are doing very precious work for layyah.
Layyah has very old civilization. It is very beautiful like his people.
I Appreciate u for ur beautiful work and i wish u to come at my city for more interesting information.

Muhammad Hassan said...

Dear Behzad,
I like your work and appreciate you for your interesting work.
I wish you to come at Layyah. It is a Beautiful city with very very old civilization.
Best Regards <3

Unknown said...

Good one , enjoyed reading

Aftab said...

Good work done Mr Behzad. It was a good written article. Keep up the good work.

Kausar Bilal said...

Yeah, I feel the serenity and spirituality!